From:
Jennifer McClellan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer McClellan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 16:57:51 -0500
Thomas W. Coates wrote:

> Rodney, it seems to me that RPI used to have the Bee as their mascot.  I
> remember going out there for the Holiday Tournament when I was Student
> Asst. Coach with the Lakers and our Seaduck and your Bee switched heads
> much to the delight of the fans.  Although I still think there were kids
> hanging from our duck's tail...
>
> Talk about mascot abuse, one time Seymour Seaduck got pushed down the
> stairs at Joe Louis.  Ended up with a separated shoulder...er..wing??:)

Seymour Seaduck?!?!?  Us State fans up in Joe Louis sec 108 always
thought he was the
Blue Loon!(-:  Whichever, I'm sorry to hear he got pushed.  I don't
remember it
happening---what game/series was it?

On a more amusing mascot note, does anyone else remember the GLI (several
years ago)
when the Michigan Tech Huskie pretended to 'relieve' himself on another
teams mascot
between periods?  Lest I be thought horribly evil, I should explain that
it appeared to
be coordinated by _both_ mascots since the opposing mascot was lying on
the ice, and
the incident brought a roar from everyone who saw it.

Jennifer

P.S.  I like 'Big Red' for Miami since they're already called that a lot
anyway, and, is
anyone else going to be at the Joe tonight and tomorrow for the UM/LSSU
and UM/MSU
games?