From:
Russell Jaslow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russell Jaslow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 16:07:25 -0500
> 1809'ers (or the 'Niners)

For the love of God, I hope you guys don't go with this one!

> Ohioans

Almost as bad.

> Big Red (or, Red)

Cornell this isn't.

> Mighty Red

Ditto.

> Buckskins (or, 'Skins)

And 'Skins will get translated back to Redskins, we you'll be right back in
the same boat.

> Fire

Too much like UIC.

> Pride

Unimpressive.

> Arrows
> War Hawks
> Thunder Hawks

Now we talking about some real nicknames.

> The Miami (or, The Miamis)

About as unimaginative as some of the MIAC nicknames -- St. John's Johnnies,
Gustavus Adolphus Gusties, St. Olaf Oles, St. Thomas Tommies.

> Red Hawks

Sounds like Lowell.

> Legends

Yech.

> Red and White

I thought these kind of names went out around the turn of the century.

> Red Arrows
> Thunder
> Bison
> Thunderbirds

Like someone else said -- overall an unimpressive list.

Russell Jaslow         |      Potsdam College Bears Hockey       |My employer
Eastman Kodak Company  |   ****** 1996 SUNYAC Champions ******   |has nothing
Rochester, New York    |Publisher and Editor - SUNYAC Newsletter |to do with
[log in to unmask], 1986 NCAA D-III National BB Champs.|my drivel.
**** Free The Indy 500 -- Institutionalize Tony George **** -----------------