From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 07:53:27 -0700
Beanpot comments from DC (or what I saw from WABU's
coverage)

Just saw the BU-Harvard game.  harvard played it close to
the vest, basically clogging things up and not giving BU
much to shoot at.  The only goal of the 1st two periods was
a PP point shot from Kelleher that look like it bounced on
the way in and found the 5 hole between Prestifillipo's pads.

Both Laroucque & Prestifillipo played well and made some
dandy stops.

Third period was ALL BU as they outscored Harvard 6 - 1.
Silvia got the 2nd goal on a goalmouth scramble.  Then
there was a 2 on 1 that the Terriers scored on and the rout
was on.  I went to bed at 4 - 0 with 10:00 left to play.

I thought Tomassoni played the game exactly right.  he
does not have (yet) the horses to play with BU, so he played
defense first and jump on turnovers for scoring chances..
Once BU got the 2 goal lead in the third, Harvard had to
open up, and that was all she wrote.

In the 1st game, Northeastern goalie Robataille had a major
5 hole weakness exposed by BC.  I think every goal scored
was between the legs (& on the ice???).  NE lone goal was
shorthanded.

Notes.  WABU's uplink to the BU alumni sites was on GE1
Transponder 1.  I'd look there next Monday.

Final should be a barnburner (gad, I'm sounding like Bob
Norton!).  Next year I'd pick BC.  This year BU (again! :( )

Joe