Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 13:32:47 -0600
On Tue, 3 Dec 1996 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> What LaCouture should get are incompletes for his classes this semester.
> However, students with 5 incompletes in one semester should not be allowed to
> play sports. This would make a mockery of the NCAA system.

We can't have that.   :)

>                                                          By allowing this,
> schools can simply let student-athletes that are in danger of failing to
> simply sit out a few games at the end of a semester and take all incompletes
> so he/she can continue to compete next semester.

If this were a major problem, you can bet it would be allowed, if in fact
it is.  I'm sure it's been thought of before.

> Like I said before, there is something more than what we've been told.
> LaCouture has missed about one-third of a semster. I don't see how any
> legitimate professor could give a letter grade, let alone a passing grade, to
> a student who has missed that amount of time.

Remember, this is college, not high school or prison.  Accomplishments
are not supposed to be measured by time served.

|   Michael Patrick Bresina   |     America's always had a problem     |
|  [log in to unmask]  |  with illegal aliens.  Ask any Indian. |
|           Common sense is what tells us the world is flat.           |
|             I don't judge a man by the color of his skin;            |
|            I judge him by his choice of internet provider.           |