From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 15:31:08 -0500
On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Billy Lustgarten wrote:
>         At Cornell during the last home weekend, Coach Mike Schafer
>... took hold of a microphone and basically took the student section to
>stop using obscene chants ...

What a great thing to do.  I totally agree with Erik, Paul ... that the
type of nonsense you are suppose to put up with at sporting events is
stupid.  The acting out to prove you're having fun or something is out of
control.  The game is what counts, and while I would agree I have heard
some witty remarks watching college ice hockey, in general, it gets old
real quick.  Anway, score another one for Schafer!

/
 good shooting
 hungerf