From:
"Indulis R. Rutks" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indulis R. Rutks
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 19:44:32 -0400
What's all this I hear about the Univ. of Minnesota recruiting homely
Minnesota high school hockey players? How absurd! Why, I've seen many of
those young lads in person, and while I'll admit that none of them may
compare to Errol Flynn or Rudolph Valentino (oh my, I'm getting the vapors
just thinking about them!), I certainly wouldn't consider them homely.
Well, not all of them anyway. Sure, some have big ears, or facial scars
from getting hit with the puck, or even beady little bloodshot eyes. Why, I
remember one from years ago that had a forehead so big, he looked like one
of those Klingons from that Star Trek television program! But, for goodness
sakes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! Would some of these
complainers prefer that the team members cover their heads with burlap
sacks? They would look like a whole team of Elephant Men!! They're not
animals, they're human beings!!! It just makes me hopping mad to think that
some people would be against recruiting these homely MN high schoolers, I
just don't know what... I... What? What's that? ONLY MN high school
players? Oh.

Never mind.

Emily Litella ([log in to unmask])