From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 06:40:35 -0600
On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Curtis_T wrote:

> The article further notes that BC may
> have trouble in December and January due to some players being on the U.S.
> National Junior team. Marty Reasoner,Jeff Farkas, Brendan Buckley and Mike
> Mottau are still in the running for spots on that team

This topic is coming up early this year.  Although BC (or any other team)
might be weakened in the short term by some players participating on the
Junior teams of the US or Canada players invariably return from the
experience of playing at a higher level with improved skills and attitude
which benefits both themselves and their teams in the long term to a much
greater extent, IMO of course, than the temporary absence hurts the
team.  BU, a team whose success concerns me a great deal more than BC
:-) , has generally had players on the junior team, and their ability to
play and win under pressure as the season rolls on can partially be
attributed to the leadership roles their junior players take on.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! GO ICE!!!