From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 15:42:00 EDT
Thank you to everyone that has written regarding my error.
The off-season is no excuse for being sloppy.  I should have
simply said that Bowling Green finished higher with regard
to the NCAA selection criteria each season than one of the
NCAA tourney participants, save for the auto bid criterion.
(RPI in 1995, Providence in 1996.)

Of course, there are oodles of other things to consider other
that those that have already been correctly mentioned.  The
two that immediately come to mind are:
  (1) BGSU had as much a chance of getting into the NCAA
tourney as anyone else...by winning their conference tourney.
  (2) The non-existence of a CCHA third place game and its
potential impact on the values of the NCAA selection criteria
had BGSU won.  The Falcons bowed out in the semifinals
each season.  (This has already been discussed on H-L.)

Thanks again...

John H ([log in to unmask])
Maybe the NCAA will award BGSU the 1993 title as consolation.
(Half smiley.  I don't envy those in Orono right now.)