From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 12:41:34 -0500
Hi -

  This has bothered me for the last few weeks, but I've only just now
gotten around to posting a query to the List ....

  Why has the WCHA chosen to conduct their Championship weekend out of
synch with the other conference tournaments and the NC$$s to follow ??
HEA, ECAC, and CCHA will all crown their Conference Champion on March
16th, with the NC$$ Regionals upcoming the following weekend.  But the
WCHA crowns their Conference Champion *next* weekend, March 9th, meaning
that all of the WCHA teams qualifying/invited to the NC$$ Tournament
will be idle for two weeks before their next game. If past experience
is any guide, that's surely *not* the road to tourney success (see, eg.,
UNH last year who got destroyed by DU in the Eastern Regionals after
sittin' around for two weeks after getting upset in the HEA 1/4-finals).
Why, as a league, would you purposefully handicap your members come
NC$$ Tournament time by ensuring a two-week layoff ??

  Just curious in Maryland - Jim