From:
peter martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 15:21:18 -0500
Maybe some Cornell fan could tell me if these legends are fact or fiction:
I heard that Schafer really revved up the crowd at Lynah against Harvard a
couple times.  Once, I'm told, he broke his stick over his helmet (maybe it
was already broken) as he was introduced in the starting lineup and shook
the pieces at the Crimson players as the fans went wild....another time they
say he came on the ice with his stick literally in flames, energizing the
crowd.
    Did the crowd really used to chant "Kill, Schafer, kill?"

P. Martin