From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 14:46:43 EST
>Posted on 14 Feb 1996 at 14:00:31 by Ken Pavelle
>
>SLU and the Aid thing
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong. (except for my spellling or grammer(
>
>1.  Most Div. 1 schools, say LSSU, have athletic scholarships.  I'm
>    referring to scholarships that are not need-based, rather quality based.

Correct.

>3.  The Ivy League has its own rules stating that they will not give
>    out these types of scholarships.

Correct.

>4.  St. Lawrence does not give out these types of scholarships either.  This
>    is why they are losing potential recruits to teams like BC.

Evidently SLU will start giving out athletic scholarships in hockey.

>Can I infer that the standard set by the Ivies applies throughout the entire
>ECAC?

Some ECAC schools give out athletic scholarships: Rensselaer, Clarkson,
Vermont, and now, apparently, St. Lawrence. The Ivies, Union and
Colgate do not, even though the situation at Colgate seems to be a bit
ambiguous. (Could someone from Colgate clarify what Colgate's policy is?)

Luiz F. Valente