From:
Ken Pavelle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Pavelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 12:58:15 CST
Correct me if I'm wrong. (except for my spellling or grammer(

1.  Most Div. 1 schools, say LSSU, have athletic scholarships.  I'm
    referring to scholarships that are not need-based, rather quality based.

2.  Annual money for the scholarship comes from a hockey endowment.

3.  The Ivy League has its own rules stating that they will not give
    out these types of scholarships.

4.  St. Lawrence does not give out these types of scholarships either.  This
    is why they are losing potential recruits to teams like BC.

Can I infer that the standard set by the Ivies applies throughout the entire
ECAC?  Is this a voluntary gesture, or rather a requirement dictated by the
ECAC?

Am I touching on the origins of the Hockey East?

- Ken, who would like the Detroit Red Wings to join the ECAC, just so the
  conference gets higher ratings....
--
from: LTJG Kenneth A. Pavelle, NOAA
      NOAA, National Weather Service

      My Homepage:  http://www.abrfc.noaa.gov/kap.html

"Its hard to predict anything, especially the future" -- Yogi Berra