From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 13:44:20 EST
-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> My first game at Hobey Memorial Arena shed some light on
> Tiger Hockey. Small rink, small ice surface, different
> tactics.  When things opened up (4 on 4 situations), Brown
> dominated play, and kept the Tigers entrenched in their
> defensive zone.  5 on 5 however was a different story as
> grabbing and holding slowed play to a dull pace.

DO WE HAVE TO START THIS ALL OVER AGAIN.  Since there are so few
Princeton people here, I usually wind up as one of the few that goes
crazy -- but why is it that every time Brown and Princeton play, the
Brown people make untrue statements about Princeton's clutch and grab
hockey.

The Princeton ice surface is not small -- and once AGAIN, I'll go back
to what I said ad nauseum during last year's playoffs: Princeton would
prefer 4-on-4 hockey. When we do the games on the radio, we always
comment how 4-on-4 benefits Princeton.  They tied the game on 4-on-4
even though their best player, Jon Kelley, was in the box.  We joked
how Kelley may have done a smart thing by getting a penalty (even
though it wasn't).

The notion that Brown DOMINATED play is so ridiculous that I can't
believe anyone watching the game could have said that.  Princeton had a
heavy shot advantage for most of the first part of the game.  Konte
rarely face a tough shot until the third.

   The team that has taken grabbing and holding to an artform is BROWN.
I'm sorry no one at Brown can admit this, but I'll stop here, because I
argued until I was blue in the fingers last season.  Who holds a lot of
the league penalty minute records? -- It's not Princeton.  As a matter
of fact, Princeton is one of the least penalized teams in the league
this year.

   Sorry, but hearing once again the notion that Princeton is a clutch
and grab team (this always only comes from Brown people) drives me
crazy.

AW