From:
"Mark J. Sonnier" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark J. Sonnier
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 12:27:46 -0800
At 11:49 AM 11/30/95 -0700, Tony Buffa wrote:

>What you all should remember is that a significant portion of us would
>give their eye teeth to watch one college game a season, even if it took
>place in a coal mine!
>
>Secondly, on teams and regional provincialness (?), some of us would give
>their eye teeth just to see a game between any two D-I teams, regardless.
>Let's just enjoy the game for what it is, great excitement and
>entertainment, and maybe not bash people too hard for rooting for one team
>over another.

Hear, hear!  Before we collectively sink to the level of lite-beer swilling,
"mine's-bigger-than-yours" fan-types who can't even spell INTERNET, lets
remember than we are (supposedly) the ***civilized*** college hockey fans.
I'd much rather stick to the historically good natured jibes levelled by my
articulate colleagues.  Let it be enough that we all support college hockey
itself above petty local loyalties.  After all, if you can't laugh at your
own team, who can you laugh at?  Heck, I don't mind a bit that JohnH's maize
'n blue used my Nooks for power-play practice...  well, maybe a bit!  :)

Cheerily yours,
Mark
Mark J. Sonnier, C.P.M.                                 Voice (907)786-6505
Purchasing Agent                                          Fax (907)786-6515
University of Alaska Anchorage           e-mail: [log in to unmask]
 UAF Hockey fans say:  "Look out CCHA - 'Nooks *smell* badder than Binky!"