From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 21:34:02 -0600
> Here's my big question from the tournament: did anyone here see the phantom
> Gopher goal vs. MSU?  You know, the one that I didn't see (from behind the
> goal in sect 208), the goal judge didn't see, and the replay didn't see,
> but the ref on the opposite side apparently saw.  Since that call had a
> major impact on the game, I'd be interested to know if anyone in the arena
> other than the ref saw it.

well, I can't say I *saw* it, I can say what I saw (from section 212, by
the (goalie's) left faceoff circle:

        the shot was high.... and then it was on the ice, kinda rolling
in a toally different direction. The ref was right on the line, and may
have seen it from the side. He called it immediatly.

The replay on a regular TV (instead of jumbotron) was just as
unclear. The camera missed that corner of the net, so there was no way
to see what the puck hit.

> Back to the friendly confines of the Dane and a relatively weaker opponent
> (MTU) next week.  The rough stuff will still be thrown at them, I'm
> sure....

Trying to be an optimist... there were some good signs in the Badger's
play this weekend, especially against MSU. They got scoring from some
new players, and I thought they played rather well against the
Spartans. Hopefully things will come together soon...

        --david