From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 00:28:44 EST
>Posted on 19 Nov 1995 at 14:19:25 by Joshua Scott Lehrer
>
>protesting college games
>
>I understand that Brown protested friday nights loss
>to Princeton.  I can understand why, too, having been there
>to watch the most lop-sided game I have ever seen.

The way Harry Ammian called the game was an absolute disgrace. I would
like to be able to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can't. He
has called games like this in the past, in which he consistently makes
calls against Brown. I believe that he's intent on angering Brown
coach Bob Gaudet, and proving that HE is the boss.

Officiating in the ECAC has been a bad joke for quite some time. But
what do you expect in a league so incompetently run as the ECAC?

>What does it matter, however?   Can ECAC make Princeton
>replay the game?  Can they deny Ammian, the Ref, from
>running games at Brown again?

Of course the game won't be replayed. It wasn't Princeton's fault
that Ammian put the satisfaction of his ego ahead of his obligation
to be fair and impartial. Hopefully, as has been the case with our good
friend Pierre Belanger, Harry Ammian won't officiate games involving
Brown for a while.

Luiz F. Valente