From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 01:18:37 -0100
At 3:20 PM 9/15/95, Luiz F. Valente wrote:
>In addition to the names mentioned by Geoff Howell, I'd like to add
>goaltender David Reece (Boston Bruins). He was the goaltender Bowdoin
>College (my Alma Mater) beat for the first of its six ECAC tournament
>titles in 1971.
>Reece, a two-time All-American, was a superb college goaltender, who
>didn't do too well in the pros.

If I'm right, this is the guy who was in net for Boston the night Darryl
Sittler scored ten points in 1976 in an 11-4 Toronto win.  The name rings a
bell (and if the same fellow, it rang more than a few bells that night,
too).  I remember listening to this game as a nine-year-old after I had to
go to bed and was supposed to have my radio turned off, but of course I
found a way to listen...hey, I knew history was being made, and I may not
have been there, but I was determined to hear the whole game. :-)

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93
***** Unofficial Merrimack Hockey home page under construction at:  *****