From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 1995 06:31:11 -0500
I know that others have asked this question a few weeks ago, but has
anyone heard or read any definitive information about RPI recruits for
the class of '99 yet?  I know that this is about the time that info
uaually appears in the Albany and Troy papers although last year it
may have been about a week or two later.

On a more frivolous note.  Let me see if I got this straight.
So RPI will still be known as the Engineers, but will have
a mascot who will be a Red Hawk.  I asked one of my colleagues
who is a bird watcher, and he told me that there is no such
bird as a Red Hawk although some hawks are partially red.  So
I imagine that it will be just someone dressed up in a red bird
outfit.  I guess that they couldn't make it a Blackhawk, because
that wouldn't be PC, and River Hawk is already taken.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74