From:
The Puck Stopper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Puck Stopper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 14:15:14 -0800
I agree with what Wayne and Kurt have said.  Here in LA, I know a lot of
people who have season tickets to the Kings.  Among them, most have only
a curious interest in college hockey.  This is mostly because they are hockey
fans in general.  Most who are very interested in college hockey come from
'back east' and graduated from a college with a hockey team.

Out west, the sport needs high profile universities such as USC, UCLA, Stanford
and Arizona to go Div I.  The sport needs high profile match-ups.

Look at the top 20 TV markets in the US.  How many of them have a college
hockey team?  Until that changes, networks such as ESPN won't show a lot of
interest.  It would also help if Notre Dame's team was better.

Stan Willis
in college hockey wasteland.