From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 14:06:40 EDT
>Reasons why the Hobey Baker Award is better than the Heisman Trophy

Here's one for the smug:

The Hobey Baker Award is named after a true sportsman, a college athlete
who performed well academically, excelled at football and probably some
other sports as well as hockey, and who was always described as gracious
in victory or defeat.

The Heisman Trophy is named after a football coach who once had his team
pour it on against an outmanned opponent to the tune of a 222-0 final
score.
--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"I still remember sitting in a darkened theater with my arm around 17-year-
 old Mary Jo Rasmussen, trying to get to first base.  I can even remember
 the name of the film:  'The Lion King'."
-- Steve Martin, presenting an award at the Oscars