From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 05:35:33 -0500
John Whelan quoted from a hockey program:

>         Here's what the program for the Caltech-MIT game said:
>
> "A recent addition to the team, Kobie Boykins, has added some much
> needed punch to the offense.  Boykins is at the Jet Propulsion
> Laboratory on a Co-op assignment from the Rensellaer Polytechnic
> Institute (RPI).  Kobie is a player on the RPI Hockey Team, 1995 ECAC
> Champion, and a perennial NCAA Division I power house.  Completing the
> RPI connection is Rene Fradet, who has been assisting [Pavel] Svitek,
> [Ron] Siefert and [Haj] Sano with the coaching duties.  Fradet, a
> prominent JPL engineer, was the starting goalie for RPI on their
> National Championship Team in the early 1980's."
>
>                                         John Whelan
>                                         Cornell '91

Rene Fradet was a goalie for RPI but I am sorry to state the team did
not even come close to the National Championship while he was there.
Darren Puppa was, of course, the starting goalie when RPI won in 1985,
backed up by Brian Jopling and Mike Poisson.  I remember reading
somewhere that coach Addessa stated that he was as proud of the fact
that Fradet won some academic award while at RPI as he was of the
achievements of his hockey players on the ice.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74