Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 1995 09:48:08 EST
        The veritable plethora of viewing choices continued in Connecticut
on Saturday.   (In college hockey,  plethora is defined as "two":-)   But
it was good stuff and all live except the ECAC finals which were on delay
on Sports Channel.   With the exception of certain members of my family
who *insisted* on checking the UConn B-ball scores (both men *and* women
for goodness sake) it was nothing but hog heaven.

        That CCHA broadcast was a revelation though.   It was certainly
ready for prime time nationwide and is clearly the shape of things to
come.   And clearly the HE broadcasts on NESN are driving in that
direction.   The liberal use of mikes (referees,  coaches,  etc.)  and the
visits to the locker rooms during intermissions were fantastic.

        My gut reaction to all this is that Clarkson,  RPI,  and UVM
ought to get themselves into HE before the train leaves the station.
As in all of life's endeavors,  you either improve or drop by the wayside.
There is no such thing as standing still.

        -- Dick Tuthill