From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 1995 07:06:50 -0700
On Sat, 18 Mar 1995, Michael Petersen wrote:

> >From the 1995 rule book...
>
> 6-18b. A goal scored from a stick carried above the height of 4 feet shall
>        not be allowed, except by a player of the defending team.
>
> BTW, the height of the goal cage is 4 feet.  So, yes a high stick is a
> stick carried above the height of the goal cage, not the shoulders.

I'm relying on memory now, but whether or not the stick in question was
raised over 4 feet would be *very* marginal either way, even in slow
motion IMHO.  As someone else pointed out, if the man in the crease rule
had been enforced there would never have been an overtime in the first place.

Arthur Berman  [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!!  HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS!!!

Disclaimer: I have no bias for or against Lake State, unless they play BU :-)