From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 1995 08:29:39 -0700
Well, I think we got to see both RPI teams at once via the PRIME broadcast
out here in southern CA!  In spite of the loss, I thought it a very
entertaining game and a good advertisement for the brand of ECAC hockey.
I wonder if some RPI-watchers could comment on that first period.  Talk
about stupid penalties! What gives?  I believe all of Harvard's goals came
on after-whistle penalties, one when a Harvard guy was knocked over near
the goal mouth when an RPI guy got irritated at him for spraying ice on
Tamburro!  Just a bunch of stupid penalties that really decided the game
early. Harvard, to their credit, took advantage.  But RPI came back and
made it close, closing to 4-3 before and empty netter finished them.  I
believe the other RPI team took the ice about midway thru the 2nd period!

I was impressed with Tamburro and some of the speedy forwards on RPI, like
Askew!!  Harvard doesn't lack in the speed dept either.  Oh well, I'd much
rather watch RPI lose a close on, than not to have it out here at all!

Coupla general comments:  At interview time, the ECAC commissioner talked
about expanded TV coverage in NY and NEngland area ..... I believe that
was part of the "agreement" which included going up to 32 games, when RPI
was considering bolting the ECAC last spring,no?  Any chance those will
show up on PRIME?

Second, the commercials for PRIME mentioned all four league champ games
being shown ..... is this true? I believe S CA will  only see two or three
of these....

Third, the ECAC people thanked the PRIME people for carrying the game, it
turns out the only reg season ECAC game on PRIME.   Most of the PRIME
games are CCHA, then WCHA and a smattering of HE. Does anyone know their
corporate (programming) address?  I'd like to encourage people to write
them and praise them for bringing the game of the week, the CCHA digest
and College Hockey USA to the Fri/Sat TV screen, and I would like to
suggest the HE and ECAC fans ask (beg?  :-)) that they try to mix it up a
bit as far as including all four leagues in roughly equal percentages.

Any personal email from people who follow RPI in person on how RPI played
in this game compared to others would be welcome. Thanks!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64