From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 21:22:50 EST
ECAC, Hockey East, Inconsistency

While I would never attempt to question my esteemed colleague from Merrimack,
I would note that one Hockey East team has had some pretty fair Canadians
who played pretty important roles--the Maine Black Bears.  Let's see now, Jean
Yves (Roi--Maine fans help me out), Mike Latrendesse, Jim Montgomery, Jeff Tory
(OK, bad example, wouldn't go to an ECAC school anyway) and one other guy from
Vancouver.  I think he's in this week's Sports Illustrated.

Maybe in terms of numbers, there hasn't been an big influx of Canadians into
Hockey East.  But there have been some significant additions in quality.  Maybe
those big-time Canadian players might have landed in an ECAC school and raised
the caliber of play a bit.  Actually I'm surprise Kariya didn't pick Colgate.
As many of us alumni know, they have an outstanding philosophy and religion
department.  He could have gone on in later life to author a treatise on
existentialism and the bread-out play, or maybe the logic of goaltending.  Bit
I'm digressing...
Brian Morris                       Go RPI!
morrisc.rosnet.strose.edu
(apologies on all the typos--I still don't know how to edit in UNIX)