From:
"Mark E. Gibbons" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark E. Gibbons
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 14:35:40 EST
well, you read the subject line, don't complain.

Did anyone hear Frank DeFord(?) on NPR this AM?  He was doing a story about
soccer violence & mentioned 2 cheers used by different Italian team's supporters.
Sorry I was in the car so could not get the exact woring on the second, or the
city names.  I thought this would be interesting to compare to those hockey
cheers we all love so.

The first is for the team who had 26 members of its fan club killed in a  riot
after a game against England.  The opposing fans bang a drum 26 times and cheer
for each one!

The other was something about "the sea beside your city stinks & from it came
the whores that gave birth to you, who now live on that dung heap".

Gee!  maybe they need those "sportsmanship" pledges read before games.

me

p.s. I have been trying the hot v. cold on my front step since January &
neither has frozen yet.

notes from hockey hell (r)