From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 1995 23:45:33 EST
Reading Jayson Moy's articles on the weekend RPI games reminded me of
when I covered a bunch of games for the Poly in 85-86 (basically, that
year I was a jack of all trades, master of none).

This was way before the whole RPI vs Rensselaer flap, as I recall, yet
I also remember that every time I wrote "RPI" in a game article, it
was replaced with "Rensselaer" in print.  I don't think I paid it much
attention at the time.

However, this issue seems to be one that has been in existence for even
longer than we may have thought.