From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 09:14:50 -0500
At the BG Ice Rink, we use video replay to award
assists, when needed. I have even used video to
do plus/minus, when I fall asleep and miss it live.

I do not think it is a CCHA mandate, however.

Assists can also come from the bench. One example was
Notre Dame's goal against BG Friday night. None of
us in the pressbox saw the play well enough to call
assists, so it was announced as unassisted. The Irish
bench said #2 and #10 should have gotten assists, we
verified that they were indeed on the ice, so they were
credited with assists on the official score sheet.

Keith