From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 14:27:47 -0500
> >                P22 MTU-13 Prokopetz (10-Misconduct)    19:25
> >11. UND-5 Ryan JOHNSON (3)
> >(unassisted)..........................................................  19:34
>
> If John's description of the situation is correct and Dave's box is
> correct, then there seems to have been an error made by referees
> Shepherd and Krieger.  Coincidentals only go on the board when 1) there
> are no penalties already on the board, and 2) at one stoppage of play,
> the only penalties called are a single minor to each team.  That did
> not happen in this case, so as John says, the coincidentals should
> have been kept off the board, leaving one extra minor on MTU which
> goes up (served by Figliomeni) and resulting in a 5x4 for UND.
>
> Just BTW, I noticed that Dave had the PPs as 1-7 for UND, but it seems
> that it should have been 2-8.  UND's earlier PPG was listed as such,
> but this goal was not.
> ---                                                                   ---
> Mike Machnik                                            [log in to unmask]
> Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                    *HMM* 11/13/93

I noticed that also.  I think the last goal should be listed as a ppg.
I went thru the rule book over and over and how Sheppard called it
the only way I could make sense of it was the way i described in my last post

The first 2 penalties caused the 4 on 4 and the extra made it a 4-3 power play.
Thats the way it was played.

However reading the rule book  Rule 4 on penalties, I agree with Mike
that it should have been 5-4 according to Rule 4E, but reading after the
highlited section of 4E, it states:

"   Any other penalties assessed at the same time as the minor penalties covered
in this rule shall be served in the mannor prescribed elsewhere in these rules
and shall not affect the application of this rule."

 So by this paragraph maybe they did do the right thing...  Hmmmmmm

Rick Yeo read this, as a member of the rules comittee maybe he'll answer it for us.

----- End Included Message -----