From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 1994 23:42:00 EST
Eric Rickin writes...
>Michigan won tonight by a score of 6-3 (or something liek that, I can't
>remember) .

Michigan 7 Miami 4.  It was 5-4 in the 3rd [after a 5-2 UM lead]
but Michigan recorded another then Brendan Morrison hit an
empty net for his hat trick.

>2) Botterill really has to realize that screwing around and mouthing off
>(etc.) is only h=urting th team.  Tonight he got a minor because of his
>putzing around.  Last night a game misconduct.  He has to watch his temper.

Botterill has been a little too feisty this season.  He's racked up
two misconducts and a game misconduct already, but I think
he'll settle down.  He's gonna realize that he's missing out on
a ton of points by not being on the ice. :-)

Plus, Bob Gainey [or a Bob Gainey look-alike] from the Dallas
Stars has been floating around Yost lately.  Dallas drafted Botterill
in the first round in June.  Maybe Jason's showing them that he's
physically [and verbally] ready for the NHL.

>3) Freshman gordan - WOW!  Excellent player.  The best line seems to be
>botteril, Gordon, and Herr.

Gordon is solid, but linemate Bill Muckalt has been the most
exciting.  I too like Gordon, Muckalt and Botterill but I still believe
Morrison, Knuble and Hilton are more dangerous.

>4) Harold Schock is scary defensively.  Also on the defense it seems that
>some days Sinclair plays, but most games he doesn't.  He had about 4
>shifts the entire game.  I didn't even REALIZE he was still here until I
>saw him tonight.

Schock didn't look too bad.  He's been dealt a blow by being
paired with Tim Hogan. :-)  [OK, I'll lighten up on Hogan...he's
done some good things.]  Sinclair has played in 5 games this
season as part of the 9 man defensive rotation.

>Red seems to be favoring the freshmen over the seniors sitting on the
>bench.  I don't think Sacka or Sakala played at all tonight.

Sacka played quite a bit early on.  He looked good on the
penalty kill, as he always does.  Sakala was not dressed.

John H
U Mich