From:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 1994 10:38:57 -0500
During the MSU - UM game last week the ref swallowed his whistle, which
was ok because both sides got away with a lot of stuff.  but for the
first two periods of last nights game the ref called everything.  And not
only that, after one team scored a goal that team was penalized about 1
to 2 minutes later.  In short, it was even-up hell.  There was NO flow to
the game.  I think only one of the first 6 or 7 goals was even strength.
Teams would play for a minute and then there'd be a  stoppage of play.

But the 3rd period was much better.  I think it was because it was 3-3
and the ref decided to play it like the start of the game.  Miami has a
EALLY REALLY good goalie.  He's just incredible, and he saved the game
for them.  Besides the first two periods, I was happy after Michigan's
4-3 loss to miami because the 3rd period was fantastic.

And, Botteril got thrown out after the 1st period, and I'm kinda glad.
He has to really control his temper.

---
Eric Rickin ([log in to unmask])
University of Michigan Class of 1996