From:
"Lee P. Sveinson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee P. Sveinson
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 1994 15:13:35 -0600
   I feel that since I was actually at the game between UND and U of M, I
should explain a little of what really happened.  Before I begin, I want
to say that I DO NOT excuse the act of throwing trash at anyone!
   At the end of the Gopher-Sioux game on Saturday night, some fans did
throw trash onto the ice.  Was the trash thrown onto at the Gophers?
Partially, trash was thrown onto the ice at both teams.  Believe it or
not, it is sort of a return of a REALLY stupid tradition.  A couple of
years ago, at the end of each game, the fans would throw plastic cups
onto the ice.  Why?  I do not have a clue.  This year, for some reason,
the cups were not empty.
   I have a feeling that the Sioux fans were reeling from the scare that
the Gopher gave everyone in the final 10 minutes of the game.
   Again, I totally admit that it is a stupid thing to do.  But, it is
unfair to blame everyone for the actions of a few.  I am sure every
college has a few odd ones.