From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 1994 12:58:23 -0700
I apologize for wasting bandwidth...but for the few of us in the
central/scalif college hockey wasteland, let me tell you about Prime
Ticket.  There are two Prime Ticket stations, one for the San Diego
area,and one covering from about LA up to me in San Luis Obispo and
probably east to Palm Springs area.  Last year they carried the feed from
Prime every Fri late afternoon with the college hockey game of the week
preceded by the program College hockey USA or somesuch.  This year they
have made the decision to carry latter but not the games!!  I called them,
asked for programming manager andcomplained like hell.  With no
Ducks,Kings or Sharks, they should be putting on some live hockey, not
shows like snorkeling with sea turtles.

so let me ask all of you to do the same,maybe they will change.  I was
looking forward to the scheduled RPI-Harvard game in Feb, but after
picking the games up all last year, they dropped it this year.

If I am not mistaken, I believe they carry the GW Freezout tourney at
Thanskgiving.  Anyone know for sure?  I'll call and ask and perhaps
complain/suggest again in a different voice!

thanks for any help, west coast people.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64, U of Ill (C-U) '66 and '69
Professor of Physics
Calif Poly St Univ, San Luis Obispo

"Even though we don't have college hockey, we can play tennis year round!"

Go Engineers!