From:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 09:07:26 -0500
Jim Carey, who was a goaltender for the University of Wisconsin last
year, has set a new American Hockey League record for the longest
consecutive streak of games without a loss.  This weekend he was in goal
as the Pirates beat the Providence Bruins in three straight games.  His
record is now 13-0-3.

In an article in this morning's Washington Post Carey was quoted,"Good
record, but I couldn't have done it without these guys here...It's a
tribute to the team.  Any record like that takes a lot more than just the
goalie...But the team record was more important."

Washinton Capitals coach Jim Schoenfeld said, "We had no idea he was
going to play this well...We knew he was a fine goaltender, but he
cretainly has surprasssed our expectations to this point."

The Portland Pirates now hold the record for the longest consecutive
streak of games at the beginning of the season without a loss.  They are
14-0-3.

Carol