From:
TariAnne Texter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TariAnne Texter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 1994 23:25:43 -0400
On Wed, 19 Oct 1994, Mike Machnik wrote:

> I mentioned to Dave that I think this is a rule that, at least in the
> past, has been pretty much ignored except when NC$$ tourney time rolls
> around.  I distinctly remember that in 1988, when Northeastern was
> seeded third in the East, almost the entire team had to be fitted for
> mouthpieces before the series with Merrimack.

Regarding mouthpieces, I know, having made mouthpieces for the hockey
players at Ferris State as part of my many athletic trainer duties, that
Ferris players have at LEAST two mouthpieces EACH.  We recieve their
molds from the dentist and then make the mouthpieces ourselves.  Whether
they wear them or not is up to them, but we are usually encouraged, as
trainers, to make sure that they do wear them, for safety's sake.
Dangers of concussions are too great...

Tari Anne
Go Ferris Bulldogs!