From:
Andrew Frisch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 1994 11:39:38 -0400
Steve Weisfeldt writes

> Espcecially with the Syracuse Invitational every season.  Is this just to
> appease the local D-1 fans or is this tourney to spark interest in having a
> team at the 'cuse?

Syracuse has not had any professional hockey for many years, and the SIT was
really the only hockey available to the general public.  As Rick mentioned,
Syracuse has recently caught the hockey bug and will be getting an AHL team,
the CRUNCH(which is affiliated with Vancouver, kinda ironic huh?).

As for Syracuse University, which has nothing to do with the SIT in any way,
they certainly have a men's club team.  I know they play Colgate's club team,
but don't know where else they get to.

On another note, when I was down at the rink a few days ago, I noticed this
season's schedule posted on a wall.  It was the same as has already been
reported, except it had two games penciled in, for January 13-14, at least
one was Western Michigan. Can anyone on the other end verify for me that
these games exist, since at last check they hadn't been added to the schedules
in the listserv?