From:
"Robert H. Gross" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert H. Gross
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 1994 01:47:50 EDT
Hi hockey folks.

I am sure that Pierre did at least one game at Dartmouth this year (and maybe
one or two more). He actually did a reasonable job - well beyond my
expectations (which were very low, so it was easy for him to do).

I am surprised at the lack of comment about Noeth [he "Noeth" no hockey ;-)].
He has called a series of the worst games I have ever seen called. Yes, they
were even worse than Pierre at his worst (best?). One in particular was the
Dartmouth-UVm game at the Auld Lang Syne up at Gutterson earlier this year.
He did not let the players skate, called non-penalties, and did not call
blatant offenses. It seemed that both teams just wanted to end the game and
get off the ice to be away from the absurd nature of the game. I must say,
though, that he seems to be even handed and makes lousy calls on each team in
about the same quantity.

Anyone else share this opinion of Noeth? or does he just act this way at
Dartmouth games.

Bob Gross