From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 1994 08:14:30 CST
Bri Farenell writes:

>>One of the best things about Prime's coverage was that you could hear
>>the bands playing in the background. I thought that added a lot to
>>the atmosphere (however unintentional it may have been)...

YES! YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR!! (doing my Phil Hartman/EdMcMahon)

More than once I found myself tapping a pencil, pumping my fist,
whatever, to the BU cowbell. I could also pick out the Ogre/Zorba/
Roachman spelling of "TERRIERS." And it was especially cool to hear the
 UM fans spelling "Minnesota" as BU scored. Lovely.

And I couldn't agree more with the cheerleader thing. Someone please
tell me they aren't on scholarship. Please?!

ESPN SportsCenter showed a few choice highlights from the
 HU-LSSU game this morning (actually last night's late show).
The over-the-shoulder graphic featured an old LS graphic, calling
 the school "Lake Superior State College." Jeez, why not go back
 to the Ron Mason "Soo Tech Hornets" days?

Greg

(open note to Jack Parker...if tied late in regulation on Saturday,
PULL THE GOALIE! No more OT for the Lakers!)