From:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 1994 14:19:22 -0600
On Sun, 27 Mar 1994, Joel Kitay wrote:

> FInally, no one probably heard me shout it but, can we take the UW band with
> us to St. Paul in lieu of ours.  All I could say was "Wow."
> And nice barb about "Where's Waldo."  (Our band wears these red 'n white
> striped rugbies that closely resemble the Waldo character or children's lore.)
>
> (Sorry about spelling Wisconsin wrong above.)

An interesting sidelight about the Wisconsin band -- each spring they
have a concert; it started out being held one night outside; then they
moved in inside the UW Fieldhouse; then they had to increase it to two
nights.  This year (can't imagine what's caused it), they've had to
increase it to three nights, and you can't get tickets.

Thanks, Joel, at least you knew you misspelled it.  Most media types
brutalize it ... WESTconsin at the Rose Bowl and almost everywhere else.
(I've always wondered where EASTconsin was.  Oh well.)