From:
Neil Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 1994 01:59:18 -0500
        Folkdsxxx. Folks, I apologize for some ugly lookin' messages I've sent in the two days
I've been playing with this ne w computer. I still have a little bit more work to do to
figure out how this thing works.
        Time for a little informal poll before March madness (or March silliness depending
on which team you like). Everybody try and pick your top six in each region as you think they will
appear when the seedings are announced in a couple of weeks. Easy enough except, you can't pick the top-six in each region as they appear in the polls right now. You must figure in a few quirks such
as a tournament upset or a wacky selection commitee decision. Let's see if we can think along with
our friends (sort offxx of) in the NCAA. Here's my pick in the east.
1.Boston Univ.
2.UMass-Lowell
3.RPI
4.Harvard
5.Northeastern
6.Brown
Here's why-
        BU, UMass, Rpi and Harvard are locks and it just matters what order they;ll be in. After Harvard's little oops with Union and BU's play this weekend, I really don't see anyone touching BU unless
hey don't scare many people because their off in the small state of RI, but they can beat anyone , and I think Harvard's fading . The loss to BC took a lot out of them. It's a credit to McCann if they salvage the season. It seeems they built perhaps too much of their season's goals around the Beanpot to be able to make a smoot recovery. 55-foot overtime floaters for goals will do that.
 ECAC finals. Lets hear what you kids think.
        Other questions-- How many years does it take for UMass-Amherst to build a competitive Division I team. The over/under is 5 years until they completely wash out this year's freshman class. It will take one trip through of completely turning over their scholarships before they move up.
        Other thoughts-- Dave Poliziani sure didn't do much to enhance his coaching career at Yale. Is this year's mess a credit to the job Taylor does sqezing talen out of his teams, or did he leave a mess fror his sataff to clean up.
        Early line- Coach of the year-- Does Don Lucia have it locked up?
                    Hobey baker-- David Oliver and Brian Wiseman cancell each other, as do J.P. McKersie and Derek Herlodfsky, although I would like to see it go to a goaltender ofx or a defenseman for a change.
        I've enjoyed reading this hockey bulletin board for the lat few days I've had it and I look forward to hearing from you all. This thing is really fun.
Neil Goldberg
BU hockey Beat Writer
The daily Free Press, the independent student daily newspaper at Boston U.