Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 1994 22:07:40 -0500
On the strength of 4 power play goals Union soundly defeated the Big REd
of Cornell at Lynah Rink tonight, 6-2.  The story of the season in Ithaca is
lack of offense.  From the Union radio broadcast it seems that this problem
was compounded by too many penalties.

The Big Red now have the dubious distinction of having a losing record to
Union both at home (1-2) and overall (2-3) :-( :-(  (Someone tell me it's
all a dream.)

That stat alone should have any Big Red fan calling for the head coach
Brian McCutcheon's job.  I now throw my hat into that ring.

Tomorrow the Big Red host RPI at Lynah with RPI coming off a 4-2 victory
at Colgate.  One can only imagine the score tomorrow if Cornell gave up
6 goals tonight.

Eric Hoffman
Cornell '88
SUNY-Albany ??