From:
Ronald Correia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1993 10:34:01 -0500
This was printed in the Providence Journal on Saturday, November 20th:

"PC defense to get help from Tuohy
 PROVIDENCE -- John Tuohy, a defenseman from Baldwin, NY, has signed a letter
 of intent to attend Providence College next fall, according to coach Mike
 McShane.  McShane feels that Tuohy, at 6-foot-3, 185 pounds, possesses the
 size and strength to solidify the Friars' defensive corps which will lose only
 one player, senior captain Ian Paskowski, to graduation.  Tuohy's a "smart and
 tough player.  He just needs to put on some pounds." "

 There's more to the article, but that's the meat of it.  It appears that once
 again the Friars are looking to bring in some big defensemen.  Makes sense
 since right now Goalie Bob Bell could sue for abandonment.  Only problem I
 have with it, IMHO, is that the Friars bring in these Mack Trucks and then
 attempt to convert them all to finesse hockey players.  It would make more
 sense to me to recruit a player that fits your style rather than try to change
 the way a kid plays.  But then, I'm sitting here typing in a post rather than
 coaching a hockey team :-)  Just a humble opinion from a very frustrated PC
 Friar fan...

-- Ron