From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1993 11:12:18 -0500
>A couple of comments regarding NC$$ rules of little importance and there
>enforcement, or reasonable lack thereof.

>I was at Lawson Arena in Kalamazoo MI (Western Mich Univ) last weekend.  The
>new ice surface, boards, glass, et al looks sharp!  However, the boards do
>have their share of advertising.  In fact, every away game I've attended
>this season has been to an arena which carries ads around the boards
>(Carlson Center in Fairbanks, Norris Center/Arena in Sault Ste Marie,
>Lawson).  I was under the impression that the NC$$'s "white board" rule
>applied to campus arenas as well as NC$$ administered games (i.e.
>post-season tourney).

Can someone out there post the NC$# rule about the white boards?  I've seen a
lot of discussion here that its against NC%$ rules, but yet more and more i see
 the ads.  Our boards are full of them now.  personally I wish they wern't I
think it detracts from the arena.

Can Anyone out there quote the rule?

Bob