From:
"ACAD2A::ASSLK" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACAD2A::ASSLK
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1993 07:13:47 -0900
UAA 3
UD  5

I personally didn't think that either team deserved to win.  Although they
had their moments, both teams pretty much lolly-bobbed around the rink
taking a shot here or there.  Shots on goal were in the low to mid twenties
for both teams.

The only real interesting thing that happened was in second period when UAA had
just allegedly scored.  I have never seen a goalie skate out of the net at
the ref, running in to him, and almost knocking him over so fast before...but
that's exactly what Bryan Schoen did.  He was hot.  Apparently he thought that
there should have been a penalty called right prior to the puck going in.
From the best that I could tell, there wasn't anyone even really close to the
crease, and no high-sticking...but evidently the ref just hadn't had the chance
to blow the whistle or something as it was ruled no goal...The score would have
been tied 3-3...

I was not impressed with the quality of play on the Seawolves part (especially
after seeing them play at a spectacular level last week against UAF), nor that
of WCHA league member University of Denver...  But, tomorrow is a new day, and
I am quite sure it will be a more exciting game...  :)

SK