From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 01:47:05 -0500
The last caller on WFAN (sports radio in NYC) just talked about BC -
Michigan for 5 minutes.  Aside from referring to the Thursday national
semifinal as "that Hockey East game", the moderator actually shut up and
let the guy talk.  Of course, she felt compelled to follow it up by
comparing college hockey to "what are your thoughts on Croatia winning the
next World Cup," but inanity aside, I suspect 2 million Mets fans just
heard that there is such a thing as college hockey for the first time.

Oh, I get it now -- the guest is the NY Times Mets beat writer who also
happens to be a Michigan guy and mentioned Brendan Morrison on the air
(hence the next caller's interest), but still, first reference I've ever
heard to the game in the NYC market.

-- Greg