From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason W. Roy
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 01:33:43 -0600
  Some of you south of the border may have heard about this, but for
those of you that haven't I'll fill you in........

   Tonight was the second annual CHL Prospects Game......This is a game
that includes all the draft eligable players from the Candian Hockey
League.  It is played at maple leaf gardens and every NHL team is
represented
at the game.......Its a chance for these boys to showcase their talents
against other prospects......The game raises money for charity also.....
It includes a skills competition the day before and today  was the big
game....The coaches for the game are Bobby Orr  and no other than GOD-himself
Don Cherry (Grapes) .......Last year Cherry beat Orrs team badly, but
this year Orr got his revenge winning 7-2.....Cherry coached the OHL team
and Orr coached the CHL team (made up of QMJL AND WHL).....It is
broadcast live on TSN and these boys play hard......This game could move
them
up or down in the rankings so they are out to prove something.......Joe
Thorrten....this years number one raked player by central scouting is
competing with Segei Sampsonov for the first pick.....Thorten plays
for the SOO Greyhounds in the OHL and was the only draft eligable player
on Team Canada's 5th consecutive World Junior Chapionship Team.....The
OHL, QMJHL, and WHL also each have a allstar game during the season......

    I am still waiting for an NCAA allstar game.......It would be nice
too see........I think you have to have it in Mid season and not at the
end of the year like college football and NFL football.....
Some players that there teams don't make the playoffs or make and early
exit may be off the ice about a month before the championship is decided....
The second week in January sounds good to me.....I might be waiting a
long time..........oh wait a minute I just remebered something about a
championship between Canadian and American Universities......This is a
step in the right direction....but I still would like to see the WCHA and
CCHA allstars against the ECAC and Hockey East big gunners.....

    If you had to pick teams for each side who would you take this year?
    What team would be stronger?
    Lets not start a whos better war, we've had enough of those?

       JASON ROY                   *     *                CBC's
 UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA             *   *         HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA
[log in to unmask]             * *         "The Tradition Continues"
         GO 21                        *
   GO TECH / GO CANADA               * *              Molson Canadian
        GO STARS                    *   *
      GO BILL BERG               ***     ***         The Tragically Hip
    A loose puck doesn't know who's....BigGeR, StRoNger, or DrAfTed hIgheR.
                       BUT IT KNOWS WHO GETS THERE FIRST.       (Bauer CANADA)