From:
Jennifer McClellan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer McClellan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 18:37:33 -0500
Joe LaCour wrote:

> <[log in to unmask]> 02/11/97 09:11am >>>
> 2)  What do you think is the strongest rivalry in College
> hockey?
>
> (a)  Clarkson - St. Lawrence (ECAC)
> (b)  BU - BC  (HE)
> (c) Minn - North Dakota (WCHA) (NO FLAME WARS,
> PLEASE!)
> (d) Michigan - Michigan State (CCHA)
> (e) Lake State vs Michigan or MSU
> (f) Clarkson - UNH (for us old timers)
> (g) Clarkson - BU or BC.
> (h) UVM - Clarkson
>
> There can be a ton more.  I think it is a fan's perspective that
> make the rivalry.  It was glad to see that the B Line rivalry
> filled up the Fleet Center last night.  May the
> Commonwealth Ave Wars recommence!

Being from the state of Michigan, I'd have to say Michigan-Michigan State.  Also, both
teams have been ranked highly (both in the CCHA and nationally) for so long that not
only are there intra-state, league and national bragging rights at stake, but the
results of their games usually affect league and sometimes national standings.

Jennifer