From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 00:17:27 -0400
NESN has a feedback page at

http://www.nesn.com/nesn/nesnmail.html

Realistically, if NESN does drop HE, I'm going to cancel my subscription.
The Bruins are too boring to watch, and some of you know my feelings about
major league baseball, so I won't be watching the Red Sox either.  The
college hockey games are about the only thing I watch on the channel.  I
was supporting NESN because of their commitment to college hockey, but that
will change now.

NESN is also going to have to change the following from their site:

http://www.nesn.com/nesn/teamsch/hockeast.html

> Hockey East on NESN
> Hockey East is the most televised college hockey conference in
> the country. Each season, NESN televises over 15 regular season
> games plus the Hockey East championship tournament from the FleetCenter.
>
> Last season alone, more than 1 million people attended Hockey East games.

This announcement is also unfortunate because just three years ago, HE gave
its 1993 Media Award to NESN Director of Operations Bob Whitelaw in
appreciation for the network's commitment to HE telecasts.

It's too bad that something couldn't have been worked out to at least allow
for a reduced slate of games.  Dropping HE altogether seems like a drastic
course of action.  But this, combined with the cutbacks in games on WNDS
and WABU, make it hard to argue that things are improving for the sport.  A
couple of years ago, I thought they were...I'm not so sure now.

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****   (Part-Time) Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey  WCAP 980 AM    *****