From:
Stephen E Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:09:26 EDT
Wayne correctly noted an error in my earlier message -- nice fellow
that he is, he sent it to me privately & not thru hockey-l!
Nonetheless, he's correct:

>aren't there more than 144 days or 24 weeks between 9/7 and the
>NCAA Championship?  Also, aren't you limited to 21 practice
>opportunities before your first game?

Yep.  I'd given the general rule for all sports, without remembering
the season limit, counting backwards from the national championship.

"Pre-season" practice follows some different rules -- and it's not
clear to me if all practice up to the first game (or scrimmage) is
considered pre-season.

>The NCAA simple?  Say it ain't so!  :-)

Some folks might say so.  But certainly there's nothing simple about
the NCAA Manual!! ;-)

Dr. Stephen E. Roth              [log in to unmask]
Dean of Student Services
Canisius College                    (716) 888-2522
Buffalo, New York 14208         FAX (716) 888-3190