From:
"Duane A. Keahl" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 20:50:00 EST
>>From mmdf Wed Mar 27 19:04:39 1996
>Sender: mmdf (MMDF administrator)
>Approved-By:  The Commish <[log in to unmask]>
>Date:         Wed, 27 Mar 1996 17:59:03 -0600
>From:         The Commish <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Hockey tickets vs. B-ball tickets ($)
>Comments: To: MATTHEW CALDERWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
>To:           Multiple recipients of list HOCKEY-L <[log in to unmask]>
>
>        Here at Minnesota, we are pretty much forced to buy season
>tickets for hockey and basketball.  Single game hockey tickets are
>impossible to get as well as good tickets for basketball.  The season
>tickets for hockey are (correct me if I'm wrong) $180 and basketball is
>about $165, and these are just the student prices. I think that the
>season ticket prices for the general public are about $300. There is also
>an assured seating program in which people that donate $500 or more are
>given the choice seats, or the seats in the balcony club room. But with the
>great demand here for hockey tickets I think the University could set any
>price (within reason) and people would pay for them.  I bet the football
>program here wishes that they had these problems.
>        How much are tickets at other programs around the NCAA?
>
>GO GOPHERS!!
>Bryan Kamrath

At Michigan, single game hockey tickets are priced at $9 for the general
public, although tickets are hard to come by especially for the big games.
Season tickets for the general public are roughly $160.  Yost was routinely
filled to capacity of 7200 this year with increased season ticket sales to
both students and general public accounting for approx. 70% of the total.
As for hockey as compared to other sports, single game basketball tickets
are $12-15 and in spite of the fact that Michigan was in the Top 25 in
basketball for part of the year, several games were not a sell-out -
capacity at Crisler is 13,500.  On the other hand, football is king - single
game tickets are $30 however the entire stadium, capacity 106,000 is sold
out on a season basis and has been for 25 years.